GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
Tuesday May 15th, 2001, 3:00 p.m.
Poole Board Room, Wardlaw Center
1. Introductory remarks.
2. Approval Executive Board minutes of March 20, 2001.
3. Review of the activities of the Student Grievance and Appeal Committee (Ken Cunefare).
4. Review of the activities of the Student Honor Committee (Gary May).
5. Formation of Committee(s) to study Intellectual Property Rights related to Commercialization (Welch) and Distance Learning (Leigh).
6. Approval of Student Regulations Committee Minutes of April 23, 2001.
7. Proposal that the EB ask the Academic Senate to affirm its support of the “Student Bill of Rights”.
8. Any other business.
Edward W. Thomas
Secretary of the Faculty
May 9, 2001
(1) Minutes of the March 20 EB meeting.
(2) Section of Statutes dealing with the Student Grievance and Appeal Committee.
(3) Section of Statutes dealing with the Student Honor Committee.
(4) Student Regulations Committee Minutes dated April 23, 2001.
(5) Copy Student Bill of Rights.
(6) Spring 2001 Election Results.
Notes for the record:
(1) In an e-mail ballot ending April 18, 2001 the Board voted to appoint Larry Jacobs (CE) to fill the unexpired (2001 - 1002) term of Deborah Johnson on the Student Regulations Committee. Johnson leaves Tech on June 30.
(2) By e-mail ballot ending April 3, 2001 the Board approved appointing Ronnie Roberts (ChE) to serve a three-year term on the Academic Services Committee and Michael Lacy to serve a three-year term on the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. Both are replacements for Jack Marr who was elected to both these committees in the spring election but who is unable to serve due to having also been elected to a full term on the Executive Board.
(3) By e-mail ballot ending April 3, 2001 the Board approved the results of the Spring 2001 election (copy attached to this agenda).