Welfare and Security Committee
3:00PM, Van Leer Room W218
WSC Members Present: Lionel Lemarchand (ModL), Gail Palmer (ECE), Jane Weyant, (COE), Frank Lambert (ECE), Chair, Mary Ann Ingram (ECE), and Carole Moore (Provost)
1. The minutes of our May 27, 2004 meeting were approved as submitted.
2. Frank Lambert was elected to serve as Chair for the 04-05 year.
3. Motorized Carts on Campus – The Welfare & Security Committee requested a copy of the proposed recommendation to address the use of Motorized Carts on Campus and copies of the minutes of the Committee meetings. The Welfare & Security representative on this committee, Jane Weyant, was never informed of any meetings nor has seen the recommendation.
Chief Crocker will be asked to make a presentation on this issue at our next meeting.
4. The Committee reviewed the activities of 03-04 and plans to pursue the following areas for 04-05:
5. The Committee discussed the need for an Institute Policy to address harassment of faculty by students. Committee members agreed to investigate this issue and place it on the agenda for discussion at our next meeting.
6. Our next meeting will be scheduled for late September or early October.