Academic Integrity Committee Meeting Minutes 3/4/05
Present were: Professor Tom Morley, Chair; Mitch Keller,
Graduate Student and member of HAC; Karen Boyd, Senior Associate Dean of
Students; Andrea Goldblum, Director of Student Integrity.
- The committee went over the sanctioning guidelines and
- There was discussion of possible plans for educating the
faculty on the new case resolution options, which will include written
materials and presentations. Faculty on the Academic Integrity committee
should have a direct role in this. The Committee should request to be on
the agenda of the first Faculty Senate meeting in the Fall.
- There was discussion about exploring the possibility of
requesting that a faculty member receive release time to work on Academic
Integrity issues, including serving on the Academic Integrity Committee
and working with HAC, etc.
- It was determined that the Committee needs to look at the
Faculty/student Academic Integrity survey for next year to determine
appropriate questions for the 2nd part of the survey. These
questions should be based on what information is needed to help in
- Possible future configurations for hearing boards were
discussed. The discussion centered on what could be done to make the formal
hearing process more timely and efficient.
The next meeting will be held on
Friday, April 1, 2005 at 2:00 pm in Student Services 203.