MINUTES OF THE GRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
April 26, 2005
PRESENT: Green (MATH), McIver (REG), Parker (ISYE), Parsons (MGT), (Peponis (COA), Venkateswaran (COC), Zhen (ME),
VISITORS: Allen (ARCH), Chung (ID), Potts (Grad Admn), Scott (MGT), Whiteman (ME), Winer (ME)
1. The schools of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING and ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING requested the approval of the following courses. A motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
ME/ECE 6744 Topics in Engineering Practice 3-0-3
2. A motion was made to approve the February 24, 2005 minutes with the correction to the wording concerning full time status. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
3. The minutes of the April 5, 2005 meeting were approved electronically.
4. The program reviews for Economics, Civil and Environmental Engineering, and Polymer, Textile and Fiber Engineering were presented. After discussion, the Chair will forward the findings to the Department of Assessment.
5. The COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT requested permission to offer MGT 6124 and MGT 6128 sequentially during Fall 2005. These courses would be offered as co-requisites and could not be dropped. A motion was made to approve the request for Fall 2005 only. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
6. The COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE requested the following new courses in Music Technology. A motion was made to approve the request. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
MUSI 6101 Music Interface Design (2-3-3)
MUSI 6102 Computer Supported Interactive Music (2-3-3)
MUSI 6103 Music Recording and Mixing (2-3-3)
MUSI 6104 Integrating Music into Multimedia (2-3-3)
7. The sub-committee reviewing petitions made a report of actions taken. A motion was made to approve the report. The motion was seconded and approved. Unanimous.
8. The Committee heard one petition that had been tabled from a previous meeting.
9. The committee reviewed eighteen petitions, twenty-one actions were taken. All were approved unless noted:
7-to withdraw course(s) past deadline. (1 denied)
2-to change status to degree seeking
6-to accept credit taken as special student/course credit
1-to be concurrently enrolled
1-to be given full graduate standing without a BS degree
1-to waive6-year rule/two full-time terms for degree
1-to change AE course to Me 7000 (denied)
1-to graduate with BS/MS degree (denied)
M. Jo McIver